Xabaca seeks to help empower Arab female artists as a source of social transformation and defense of Human Rights. The project aims to promote freedom of expression by combating gender discrimination, censorship and social injustice trough empowering the relation between art and activism.
This will be achieved by an artistic process of four female Arab artists staying at the international residence for artists Jiwar (Barcelona) for 1 month. During their stay, they will participate in specific workshops and will join an international support network against artistic censorship which will continue when they go back to their home countries.
Open call details:
- Arab female artists living and working in Morocco, Tunisia, Lebanon and Palestine.
- Open to all disciplines (visual arts, literature, music, performnace, etc.)
- Residency from the 1st of March to the 31st of March 2017.
- 4 full scholarships covering 100% the cost of the residence (travel+accommodation), including 400 euros.
- Artistic material covered
For more information, please visit here.